6e Rules FAQ Rumor Document
Thanks to ZAlpha and Rixitotal - from unknown sources
- Change to Pre-Measure like WHFB 8th Edition.
- Force Organization Chart is still in use, no use of Percentage
- Adding new FoC Slot called "Fortification" [0-1] / see below
- Phases remains the same, Movement, Shooting, and then Assault
- No Psychic Phase
- No Initiative Phase
- Movement is pretty much the same. Infantry can move 6", Jump Infantry 12" and so on.
Q So walkers/Dreads can move 12" or still only 6"?
A no walkers are still only gong 6
Flying MC's Moving
- Flying Monstrous Creature can make two mode of movement. One being 24" move, performing D3+1 "Vector Strike" on a single unit within the path and then shoot up to two weapons or run 2D6" in the shooting phase. However, it cannot assault or being assaulted unless it get shot and fall down from the sky first (can't remember how you fire at it, 6 only?) Should it fall from the sky, it will take S9 hit and can now be assaulted as normal.
- Rapid Fire weapons can now fire at target 24" away irregardless of moving or not. (or choose to fire twice at target 12" away)
- Pistol is pretty much the same.
- New Weapon type "Salvo" - firing at max. range & max. shots if not move, or 1/2 range and 1/2 shots if moving.
- Heavy Weapon can now be fired on the move, but will be subjected to 'snap fire' rule.
- "Snap Fire" allows certain weapon types to shoot even if moving, but with a BS of 1 (ie. 6 to hit)
- Blast Weapons cannot "snap fire"
- You can only killed as much models in target unit as you can actually see (and within max range).
- Casualties are now removed from closest to furthest.
- Wound Allocation is completely changed.
- When shooting at unit partially in cover, player can choose to "Focus Fire" to kill only models in the open (or in a less covered position).
- You can now throw (most) grenades in the Shooting Phase at the range of 8", limited to 1 grenade per unit per Phase.
1 model per unit can throw a grenade instead of shooting normally. all are blast except krak and haywhire. frag are S3 AP -. plasma are S4 AP4. Krak S6 AP4.
Q Can you check to see if firing an Ordnance weapon still disallows a vehicle from firing all other weapons?
Q Another wound allocation question. In a multi armoured unit (think terminator wolf guard leading a power armoured wearing squad).
How does the wound thing work?
Is it the terminator 2+ save over and over until he finally dies then the rest of the squad? Or is it still a majority armour save applying?
A no you take the armour save of the closest model if its different until he dies. but chars transfer it to the squad before armour saves one a 2+ so no having 1 wolfgaurd in termie Armour protecting a whole squad.
- Charge Distance is now 2D6" adding together.
- Unit can elect to "Overwatch" if being assaulted. Simply a "Stand and Shoot 40K version" - resolved at BS1, Template does D3 hit instead.
- Overwatch can be done only once per turn.
- Unit declaring multiple assaults will suffer from "Disoriented Charge" (not get +1A)
- Unit assaulting multiple enemy unit is subjected to multiple Overwatch.
- Unlike Stand & Shoot, Overwatch does NOT cause Morale Check or Pinning.
- Pile-in reduced to 3" and is done at the model's Initiative Step (ie. before the model could strike)
- Casualties are removed from the front rank, like the case of Shooting Phase
- Units can elect to auto-fail Morale Check at the end of Combat if all models in the unit cannot hurt the attacker at all (ie. S3 vs T10).
- Challenges are in for IC.
- Close-Combat Weapon now have AP value, ranging from AP- to AP1. Pistols don't grant more bonus than in 5th Edition.
- Power SWORD and Lightning Claws are "S: as user" AP3, though Power AXE is S+1, AP2, but is subjected to penalties (Initiative Reduced)
- Fists and Chainfists are Sx2 AP2 and Unwieldy (Intiative reduced to 1), Thunder Hammers has "Concussive" (the exact (or almost) same rules as in 5th Edition)
- "Hammer of Wrath" allows model to make single attack at their base strength before combat on the turn it assault. Jump Infantry and Bike have it.
- Rage is now +2 Attack on assault.
Q impact hits with jump infantry, are they just another S user hit or what?
A yea its an attack that auto hits at base S of the model with AP - .
No impact hits using special ccw's like power weapons, fists, or lawn chairs. It's just a hit at the models' strength, no AP. Auto hit, though, that should be noted.
Q Can units that have successfully completed an assault consolidate into a new combat?
Q Does assaulting into difficult terrain still reduce initiative to 1?
A no cant consolidate in to new enemies. and yea makes the assaulting unit I 1.
Q Assault Through Cover specifics! Please!
A Assulting through cover: roll and extra dice and take away the highest. and then you are I 1 unless you have assault grenades then its normal I order.
Q there were rumours that a unit can choose to fail the ld test to run away if they wish, to get out of a combat. How does combat work, you charge in... how do defenders react (after overwatch)
A you can do that if you cant hurt you opponent, so against wraithlords and dreds you can auto flee yes. but not if ure fearless.
Q does a crozius count as a maul?
A yea it would, +2 S and AP4 is a maul. no affect on I.
- Vehicles are now limited to move at the maximum of 12" in the Movement Phase (though it can move further in the Shooting Phase if desired)
- Vehicles can opt to move "Flat Out" in the Shooting Phase, adding an extra 6".
- Vehicles movement and weapons. Defensive and Primary Weapons are gone. You can fire all of your weapons at most of the time. But moving faster will result in less weapon fired at basic BS, the rest will be fired at BS1 (Snap Fire)
- Fast Skimmer moving Flat Out can be more lethal (fire more weapons than in 5th and moving faster [12" Normal + 18" Flat Out])
- Skimmer got a cover save called Jink, basically 5+ cover save and improved to 4+ if going Flat Out.
- Vehicles count as WS0 (auto-hit) if stationary and WS1 (3+ hit) if moved. No idea on how Fast or Skimmer will have bonus, as cover aren't used in Assault.
- Flyers are now in, with its own rules.
- Flyers can move very fast and is hard to target (6 only to hit) unless the shooter has Skystrike rules that allow them to shoot flyer at normal BS.
- When moving fast (called "Zooming") Flyers cannot move less than 12" and cannot disembark any models.
Q Can you check to see if firing an Ordnance weapon still disallows a vehicle from firing all other weapons?
Q Is this 5+ cover save for fast skimmers true or only for Dark Angels as we have also heard and how far do you need to move to get it, if at all.
A all fast skimmers get jink 5+ cover save if they move at all, so do jetbikes.
Vehicle and Damage
- New Vehicle Damage Chart, one to rule them all. 1-2 being Shaken, 3 Stunned, 4 and 5 Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised, and 6 Explodes! You only roll the table if the shot penetrate the Armour. Wrecks occur only from taking certain amount of Glancing Hits.
- AP 2 weapons add +1 to the chart, while AP1 adds +2.
- AP"-" is no longer -1 on the table.
- Open-Topped is +1 as well.
- No more "Half Strength if the center hole is off", you always use full strength for any blast that hits the vehicle.
- Hull Points - a new style "wound" for vehicles. Any Glancing Hits removes 1 Hull Point, Penetrate Hit removes 1 Hull Point as well as rolling on the Damage Chart above. If reduced to 0 HP, the vehicle becomes Wreck.
- Vehicles has 3 or 4 HP, notable 4 HP vehicles are Ghost Ark, Land Raider, and Monolith. Details can be found in the rulebook appendix. (Bloodwing stated that some player propose that the formula for Hull Points is Front + Side(once) + Rear divide by 3. Fractions rounding down - this seems to be true.
Vehicle and Passenger
- Passenger can only disembark if vehicle move 0-6".
- Disembarking rules changes, you now place models in base contact with the access point and move up to 6" - this is the furthest distance the unit may move.
- Embarking is pretty much the same.
- Unit count as moving if the vehicle moved 0.1-6", and can only "Snap Fire" if the vehicle move 6.01 - 12"
- Open-topped transport rules are the same (access points and fire points)
- Exploding Flyer that has "zoomed" will result in a S10 no armour save on its passenger. And some sort of S6 Large Blast at any unit under the point the vehicle goes on flame.
Q Can units move after they disembark if the tank has previously moved?
Q so this cancelles out the nerf to open topped vehicles! WOOOO (thats right right?) I can move tank 6, disembark squad, they move 6, then charge 2D6?
A yes that right.
Q On embarked passengers shooting:
A passengers can shoot ok at combat speed, snapshot at cruising. and may not fire if you flatout.
Q Are there any heftier penalties for being in an Exploding (non-Flyer) Transport?
A if flyers die with troops inside while zooming (going really fast) every model take a S10 AP1 hit. LOL
and then a str 6 large template of debree hits the table
- NO PSYCHIC PHASE (or whatever people are assuming they are)
- Perils of the Warp causes one wound, no saves of any kind allowed.
- Types of psychic power, witchfire (psychic shooting attack), focused witchfire (has a chance to allow player to choose the target model when removing casualty by rolling low scores on Psychic Test), nova (affects all enemy units within range), maelstrom (affecting both friendly and enemy within range), blessing (augmented friend), and malediction (de-buff enemy).
- "Deny the Witch" - every models/units have a slight chance to nullify the effect of psychic power (6+). Chances increase if your unit has Psyker.
- Psychic Hood is reduced to 4+ Deny the Witch if the target of the power is within 6" of the wearer.
- There are 5 new Disciplines of Psychic Powers in the BRB, each has 7 Powers. Each army can access different Disciplines, some cannot use them at all.
- Casting Psychic Power remains the same as in 5th.
- Psychic Powers now have 2 level, calling Warp Charge 1 and 2. Mastery Level 1 can only use Warp Charge 1 power, while Mastery Level 2 allows you to cast 2 "Warp Charge 1" power or 1 "Warp Charge 2". Higher Mastery allows for more.
- Each Psyker generate Warp Charge equal to his Mastery Level.
Warlord. Your warlord is one of your HQs with the highest LD, you choose in a draw. 3 different charts command traits, personal and strategic.
1.) friendly units in 12 get to use your LD
2.) enemy units in 12 use the lowest LD in their squad.
3.) all friendly units in 12 get move through cover.
4.) all friendly units in 12 may reroll running.
5.) all friendly units in 12 re roll 1s to hit when shooting at an enemy within 3 of an objective.
6.) all friendly units in 12 add 1 to charge distance.
1.) warlord and his unit get counter attack if in own deployment zone.
2.) warlord and his unit get furious charge if in enemy deployment zone.
3.) warlord and any unit he joins in deployment get outflank.
4.) get 1 VP for each character killed by you warlord.
5.) your warlord and his unit get FnP if within 3 of an objective.
6.) your warlord is a scoring unit.
1.) all your units get move though cover for ruins and stealth in ruins.
2.) you amy have night fighting on the first turn.
3.) your outflanking units get acute senses.
4.) while he is alive you may reroll reserve rolls.
5.) while he is alive your opponent get -1 on reserve rolls.
6.) after both sides have deployed but before scouts you may redeploy 1 unit 3D6 inches, or 3 units D6 inches, may not leave deployment zone.
- Look Out, Sir! is in. Grants character 50% chance to evade the attack if he's within 6" of friendly unit (works in combat too), resolved each successful Look Out Sir on the models within 6" instead.
- Look Out Sir! is improved to 2+ for Independent Character.
- Character can issue / accept challenges.
- One model in your army will be the Warlord (one with highest LD), Warlord can roll on a table (there's 3 table, you can choose 1) to see what benefit he receive. Examples are units within 12" can use his LD, the Character count as Scoring Units, Warlord has FNP if within 3" of Objective.
- Fortification - a new addition to the FoC, limited to 0-1 this allows player to purchase some kind of terrain for their army. Expensive one are Fortress of Redemption (220 points) and cheap ones are Aegis Defence Lines (50 points)
- Allies - a new system that allows player to have a detachment made of another army in the list. Allies works like WFB8th Edition with best buddies, normal allies, and untrusted. The detachment is limited to 1HQ and 1 Troop(compulsory) and additional 1 Troop, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, and 1 Heavy Support.
- There are 3 Deployment Types, one being the classic Pitched Battle, second one is reversed Pitched Battle (deploying along the short table edges), and third one is a triangular deployment.
- Selecting deployment zone remains the same, roll-off to see who deploys first and go first.
- Seize Initiative is still the same.
- 6 Missions with 2 Level Objectives. Primary Objectives grants more Victory Points, but harder to achieve. Secondary Objective is always 1 VP and has 3 of them. First Blood (for getting the first "kill point", Slay the Warlord (for killing the enemy Warlord - aka. general), and Linebreaker (having your units in enemy deployment zone at the end of the game)
- Deep Strike Mishap is softened now: 1 - You're Dead, 2-3 Misplaced, and 4-6 Delayed.
- Feel No Pain dropped to 5+
- There's still only 1 Level of Instant Death, no Instant Death(x)
- Fleet allows for re-rolls on Run and possibly Assault distances.
- Monstrous Creature can make "Smash" attack, forfeit half of its attack to resolve attack at Sx2 against vehicle.
- Sniper has rule to allow them to allocate wounds to the model of your choice if you roll a 6 when rolling to hit.
- Many new generalization of rules...such as Armourbane (roll 2d6 for armour penetration) and Fleshbane (2+ to wound)....this also expands to weapons as well (unwieldy, concussive, etc.)
Smoke launchers and 'obscured' status (disruption pods, KFF) cover save drops to 5+. % obscuration only needs 25% to get cover. Ruins still 4+, guessing that extends to a vehicle hiding behind a ruin as well. Everything else prettymuch 5+.
Q how does stealth work? move through cover? furious charge?
auto fleeing from combat?
A all the same except FC doesn't give +1 I. not sure what you mean by auto felling combat.
Tau tanks aren't actually Fast, they can just buy an upgrade to fire as Fast, so presumably Jink won't work for them.
no all skimmers get jink.
Can dreadnoughts and MC's overwatch? can tanks overwatch?
yes, but cant shoot blast weapons so no battle canons on overwatch.
I have a few flyer questions. Is it true they MUST start in reserve? How does one switch between zoom and hover mode? Can they hit other flyers normally, or do they snapfire at them? Do they get to move flat out during the shooting phase in hover or zoom modes?
BTW, thanks in advance. It's really awesome that you are doing this.
must start in reserve. can shoot either at the ground or with AA (skyfire or whatever its called hits ground unit on a 6), hover makes you a fast skimmer, yea can go flatout. they are stupidly fast.
how many different fortification choices are there? Not names, just how many. If you get the chance to list them out later, please do
4 buy able terrains. all the models from planet strike with similar rules.
For reference, these are:
Fortress of Redemption
Skyshield Landing Pad
Aegis Defense Line
Can you give us any info on the rumored ability of the Skyshield Landing Pad and/or a Comms Relay in a Bastion to affect Reserve rolls?
yup, its 20pts upgrade for the defense line and bastion, lets you reroll reserve rolls. so 1+ in most armies i think.
Q do you overwatch before or after you see how far you can charge?
A before, massive deal as you take casualties from the front, could easily knock off an inch or 2 if ure lucky. flamers are amazing for over-watch its D3 hits at the weapons S and AP.
Q Once again, on the subject of overwatch: Does the overwatch shooting follow the profile of the weapons being shot pretty closely? For examples:
do rapid fire weapons fire twice? Assault 4 weapons fire 4 times? Does the charging unit being 7 inches away prevent Pistol fire? Do pinning weapons have the chance to force the charging unit to go to ground, and prevent the charge in the first place? Does relentless allow snapfire for Heavy weapons? Do twin linked weapons still get that benefit? Favored Enemy?
A pistols are 12. and yea you shoot like normal but only hit on 6s. blast may not snapshot relentless doesn't change that. no moral test or pinning for chargers.
Q In what missions does Night Fight have effect?
A them all!! but it only works on a 4+ and will disperse on a 4+ as well every turn.
Q so before the game starts you roll, on a 4+ its night fight turn 1 and then you roll start of the game turn on a 4+ its done?
Q Is night vision the same?
A night vision ignores night fighting. and yea, all you have to do is move. and jink becomes 4+ if you boost or go flat out.
Q How's moving through difficult terrain (in the Movement Phase) work in the new edition? Still a best-of 2d6? Move Through Cover USR any different?
A all the same exept units with move through cover ignore dangerous terrain. and assaulting isnt affected by move though cover.
As a Dark Eldar Player, I have these questions: How many hull points on: - Venom - Raider - Ravager - Razorwing/voidraven
Has poison changed for shooting?
How far can a flat out fast skimmer go? (basically an outline of how tanks move + how it affects their shooting)
Can I move the raider 12" snap fire out with my passengers as im open topped and then flat out?
all 3 except venom, thats 2 like vipers.
poison is the same.
fast is 6 fire all, 12 fire 2 at bs and the rest as snapshot. then can go 18 as a flatout if ure a fast skimmer.
cant fire out if you go flatout, neither can troops inside.
Q Anything hinting at what chaos space marines get?
A no, but defilers have 4 hull points as do soul grinders
Monday, June 25, 2012
- ► 2013 (24)
- ▼ June (4)